Document Legalization at the Consulate General of Indonesia is for Canadian Companies or individuals who need to legalize Canadian documents to be used in Indonesia. Legalization is the certification of the genuineness of the signature and seal of an official who has the authority to execute, issue, or certify a document.
Before sending your documents:
- Have your document(s) appropriately certified by a Lawyer/ Attorney or Notary Public in British Columbia or Alberta or Yukon or Northwest Territories (based on your residency). The Lawyer/ Attorney has to be a member of Provincial Law Society or a Notary Public has to be a member of Provincial Notary Public Society.
- A cover letter from a company or individual.
- Original document(s) to be legalized. Document(s) must be legalized by a Notary Public and Ministry of Attorney General Province of British Columbia or Global Affairs of Canada.
- Legalization fee for Business CAD $150.00; for Personal/IndividualCAD $30.00 per document.
- Payment in Money Order/Bank Draft only, payable to Consulate General of Indonesia. Fees are charged for each different document or set .
Note: Attach your documents with a paper or binder clip. Do not staple.
HOW TO SEND YOUR DOCUMENTS
In person: No appointment necessary. The Consular Services is open Monday to Friday between 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. The office is closed on weekends and Indonesian and Canadian statutory holidays. Check our Office Closure here.
By mail or courier: Send your documents to:
Consulate General of Indonesia
Attn: Consular Services
1630 Alberni Street
Enclose either a pre-addressed return envelope or a prepaid courier shipping label. For security reason, all envelopes must have a tracking number and Signature Required on Delivery. The Consular Services will not send your passport in an envelope that does not have a Signature Required on Delivery and a tracking number.
The Consulate is not responsible for lost documents shipped by mail or by courier.
Processing time take up to approximately 1-3 business days from the time we receive your documents with complete requirements. Please add at least 5 (five) business days if you choose to send and receive your documents by mail. The processing time will be longer if we have questions and need to contact you about your request. We do not provide an expedited process.