Document Legalization at the Consulate General of Indonesia is for Canadian Companies or individuals who need to legalize Canadian documents to be used in Indonesia. Legalization is the certification of the genuineness of the signature and seal of an official who has the authority to execute, issue, or certify a document. Legalization does not certify the genuineness, legality or credibility of the documents or their contents.
Before sending your documents:
- Have your document(s) appropriately certified by a Notary Public in Canada. The Notary Public has to be a member of Provincial Notary Public Society or with Signature and Seal from the Provincial Law Society. Photocopies must be certified appropriately as true copies by the Notary Public.
- Have your documents authenticated by Global Affairs Canada or Ministry of Justice.
- A cover letter from a company (for business purpose)
- Original document(s) to be legalized. Document(s) must be legalized by a Notary Public and Global Affairs Canada/Ministry of Justice.
- Attach a copy of Certificate of Good Standing from the Notary Public.
- Legalization fee CAD $150.00 for Business or CAD $30.00 for Personal/Individual per document in Money Order/Bank Draft only, payable to Consulate General of Indonesia. Fees are charged for each different document or set (photocopies will not be charged).
Note: Attach your documents with a paper or binder clip. Do not staple.
HOW TO SEND YOUR DOCUMENTS
In person: No appointment necessary. The Consular Services is open Monday to Friday between 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. The office is closed on weekends and Indonesian and Canadian statutory holidays. Check our Office Closure here.
By mail or courier: Send your documents to:
Consulate General of Indonesia
Attn: Consular Services
1630 Alberni Street
Enclose either a pre-addressed return envelope or a prepaid courier shipping label. For security reason, all envelopes must have a tracking number and Signature Required on Delivery. The Consular Services will not send your passport in an envelope that does not have a Signature Required on Delivery and a tracking number.
The Consulate is not responsible for lost documents shipped by mail or by courier.
Processing time take up to approximately 1-3 business days from the time we receive your documents with complete requirements. Please add at least 5 (five) business days if you choose to send and receive your documents by mail. The processing time will be longer if we have questions and need to contact you about your request. We do not provide an expedited process.