FOR ALL PASSPORTS AND DOCUMENTS SENT BY MAIL
For security reason, all envelopes for sending and returning passports and other documents from and to applicants MUST have a Tracking Number and a Signature Request on Delivery. The Consular Services WILL NOT send your document back with an envelope that does not have a Tracking Number and a Signature on Delivery.
A Journalist Visa is to a journalist of a foreign country who would like to visit Indonesia for media or documentary purposes.
To start your application, send a clear scanned documents as below to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Original passport valid for more than 6 (six) months beyond the intended length of stay, and has at least two blank pages left (amendment and endorsement pages cannot be used)
- VISA APPLICATION FORM completed, dated and signed. Every question must be answered. If not applicable, write N/A.
- 1 (one) passport photo (5x7cm, white background) dated not older than 6 months attached on the Visa Application Form
- (If not a Canadian Citizen) A copy of valid resident permit (PR or Study/Work Permit) in Canada
- A Reference Letter (on a letterhead) from the company/organization in Canada (mention the purpose, place, and date of visit)
- (If applicable) Reference Letter (on company letterhead) from the company in Canada (if applicable)
- (If applicable) List of Equipment (mention the name & quantity of the items and state that the applicant will bring all the equipment back when leaving Indonesia)
- An outline or background information of the documentation that will be made in Indonesia
- A copy of round trip Flight Itinerary/Electronic Airline tickets to and from Indonesia
- The Consulate will submit the request to the Government of Indonesia in Jakarta for an authorization. When the request is approved and an authorization is issued, you may submit your Journalist Visa Application to the Consular Services of The Consulate General of Indonesia in Vancouver.
- The applicant should report and collect Temporary Press Card and other necessary documents upon arrival in Indonesia to the:
Directorate of Press and Information Services
Department of Foreign Affairs
Jalan Taman Pejambon 6, Central Jakarta
Phone: +62 (21) 381-3453 or +62 (21) 344-1508 ext. 4308
SUBMITTING YOUR VISA APPLICATION
- To avoid any inconvenience or delay, submit your visa application no later than 14 (fourteen) days prior to departure and no more than 30 days prior to leaving Canada.
- Make sure that all supported documents are submitted. Contact the Consular Services if you do not receive your passport back or receive any responses after 10 (ten) days from submitting your visa application.
- Please read carefully the rules and regulation prior to submitting your visa application. Failure to submit all required documentation may result in the refusal of your application or processing delays. The Consular Services will not be responsible for any inconvenience that the applicant will face.