FOR ALL PASSPORTS AND DOCUMENTS SENT BY MAIL
For security reason, all envelopes for sending and returning passports and other documents from and to applicants MUST have a Tracking Number and a Signature Request on Delivery. The Consular Services WILL NOT send your document back with an envelope that does not have a Tracking Number and a Signature on Delivery.
A Temporary Stay Visa (VITAS) is granted upon authorization from the Directorate General of Immigration in Jakarta. It is advisable to have your sponsor in Indonesia to submit the application directly to the Directorate General of Immigration in Jakarta.
A Temporary Stay Visa (VITAS) is ONLY for purposes such as; work, investment, research, study, family reunification, repatriation, and retirement.
This visa is valid (must be used) within 90 (ninety) days from the date of issuance, the stay permit starts from the date the traveler enters Indonesia.
Please note that when the visa holder arrives in Indonesia, they need to visit the Immigration Office within 30 (thirty) days from the date of arrival to obtain a Limited Stay Permit Card that is valid as a legitimate stay permit in Indonesia.
- An Authorization Letter from the Directorate General of Immigration in Jakarta, Indonesia
- Original passport valid for more than 18 (eighteen) months beyond the intended length of stay, and has at least two blank pages left (amendment and endorsement pages cannot be used)
- VISA APPLICATION FORM completed, dated and signed. Every question must be answered. If not applicable, write N/A.
- 1 (one) passport photo dated not older than 6 months
- (If not a Canadian Citizen) A copy of valid resident permit (PR or Study/Work Permit) in Canada
- A Reference Letter (on a letterhead) from the company/organization in Canada mentioning the purpose of visit and length of stay
- Copy of round trip Flight Itinerary/Electronic Airline tickets to and from Indonesia. Only entry flight is required for more than 6 months Authorization (mentioned in the letter).
- A letter from the bank or a bank statement proving that you have sufficient funds of C$1000/month
- Visa fee in the form of Money Order/Bank Draft only, payable to Consulate General of Indonesia:
Temporary/Limited Stay Visa up to 6 (six) month C$ 87.00 Temporary/Limited Stay Visa up to 1 (one) year C$ 142.00 Temporary/Limited Stay Visa up to 2 (two) year C$ 205.00
Note: Attach your documents with a paper or binder clip. Do not staple. Please make a copy of all the requirements for each applicant. The Consulate do not provide any printing and copy services.
SUBMITTING YOUR VISA APPLICATION
- The Consulate do not issue visa to a holder of: Visitor Permit, Travel Document, Alien Passport, and Temporary Passport.
- To avoid any inconvenience or delay, submit your visa application no later than 14 (fourteen) days prior to departure and no more than 30 days prior to leaving Canada.
- Make sure that all supported documents are submitted. Contact the Consular Services if you do not receive your passport back or receive any responses after 10 (ten) days from submitting your visa application.
- To pick up the visa and passport on behalf of you, please write a consent/authorization letter mentioning the person’s name, ID, and contact number, and have the person bring a photo ID when picking up.
- Please read carefully the rules and regulation prior to submitting your visa application. Failure to submit all required documentation may result in the refusal of your application or processing delays. The Consular Services will not be responsible for any inconvenience that the applicant will face.
HOW TO SEND YOUR VISA APPLICATION
In person: No appointment necessary. The Consular Services is open from Monday to Friday between 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. The office is closed on weekends and Indonesian and Canadian statutory holidays. Check our Office Closure here.
By mail or courier:
Send your application to:
Consulate General of Indonesia
Attn: Consular Services
1630 Alberni Street
Enclose either a pre-addressed return envelope or a prepaid courier shipping label. For security reason, all envelopes MUST have a tracking number and Signature Required on Delivery. The Consular Services WILL NOT send your passport in an envelope that does not have a Signature Required on Delivery and a tracking number.
Please use the Tracking Number provided to locate your document. The Consular Services are not responsible for lost documents shipped by mail or by courier.
Processing time take up to approximately 1 to 3 business days from the time we receive your documents with complete requirements. Please prepare at least 5 (five) business days if you choose to send and receive your documents by mail. Processing time will be longer if we have questions and need to contact you regarding your application. We do not provide an expedited process.