FOR ALL PASSPORTS AND DOCUMENTS SENT BY MAIL
For security reason, all envelopes for sending and returning passports and other documents from and to applicants MUST have a Tracking Number and a Signature Request on Delivery. The Consular Services WILL NOT send your document back with an envelope that does not have a Tracking Number and a Signature on Delivery.
Temporary Stay Visa (VITAS)
A Temporary Stay Visa (VITAS) is granted upon authorization from the Directorate General of Immigration in Jakarta. It is advisable to have your sponsor in Indonesia to submit the application directly to the Directorate General of Immigration in Jakarta.
A Temporary Stay Visa (VITAS) is for working and non-working purposes; such as working, investment, research, study, family reunification, repatriation, and retirement.
The visa is valid if used within 90 (ninety) days from the date of issuance.
Please be aware that when this visa holder arrives in Indonesia, they should report to Immigration Office maximum 30 (thirty) days from the arrival date, to obtain a Limited Stay Permit Card that valid as a legitimate stay permit in Indonesia.
Visa Application Requirements:
- An Authorization Letter from the Directorate General of Immigration in Jakarta, Indonesia
- Original passport valid for more than 18 (eighteen) months beyond the intended length of stay, and has at least two blank pages left (amendment and endorsement pages cannot be used)
- VISA APPLICATION FORM completed, dated and signed. Every question answered. If not applicable, write N/A.
- 1 (one) passport photo dated not older than 6 months
- A copy of resident permit (PR or Study/Work Permit) in Canada (other than Canadian Citizen)
- Invitation Letter (on company letterhead) from the sponsor/organizations/institution in Indonesia mentioning the purpose of visit and length of stay.
- A copy of sponsor’s valid Indonesian ID (KTP) or Passport (for Social Cultural purpose only)
- Reference Letter (on company letterhead) from the company in Canada (if applicable)
- Copy of round trip Flight Itinerary/Electronic Airline tickets to and from Indonesia (only entry flight is required for staying more than 6 months)
- Visa fee in the form of Money Order/Bank Draft only, payable to Consulate General of Indonesia:
Temporary/Limited Stay Visa up to 6 (six) month C$ 65.00 Temporary/Limited Stay Visa up to 1 (one) year C$ 120.00 Temporary/Limited Stay Visa up to 2 (two) year C$ 210.00
Note: Attach your documents with a paper or binder clip. Do not staple. Please make a copy of all the requirements for each applicant. The Consulate do not provide any printing and copy services.
HOW TO SEND YOUR DOCUMENTS
In person: No appointment necessary. The Consular Services is open Monday to Friday between 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. The office is closed on weekends and Indonesian and Canadian statutory holidays. Check our Office Closure here.
By mail or courier:
Send your documents to:
Consulate General of Indonesia
Attn: Consular Services
1630 Alberni Street
Enclose either a pre-addressed return envelope or a prepaid courier shipping label. For security reason, all envelopes MUST have a tracking number and Signature Required on Delivery. The Consular Services WILL NOT send your passport in an envelope that does not have a Signature Required on Delivery and a tracking number.
The Consular Services are not responsible for lost documents shipped by mail or by courier.
Processing time take up to approximately 1-3 business days from the time we receive your documents with complete requirements. Please add at least 5 (five) business days if you choose to send and receive your documents by mail. Processing time will be longer if we have questions and need to contact you about your application. We do not provide an expedited process.
SUBMITTING YOUR VISA APPLICATION
- To avoid any inconvenience or delay, please submit your visa application no later than 14 (fourteen) days prior to departure and no more than 30 days prior to leaving Canada.
- Please make sure that all supported documents are submitted. Contact the Consular Services if you do not receive your passport back within 10 (ten) days after submitting your visa application.
- To pick up the visa and passport on behalf of you, please write a consent/authorization letter mentioning the person’s name and contact number, and have the person bring a photo ID when picking up.
- The Consulate do not issue visas for Visitor Permit, Travel Document, Alien Passports, and Temporary Passports holders in Canada.
- Please read carefully the rules and regulation prior to submitting your visa application. Failure to submit all required documentation may result in the refusal of your application or processing delays. The Consular Services will not be responsible for any inconvenience that the applicant will face.