Visa Information & Procedures
This section provide you with all the relevant information and procedures regarding the different types of visas issued by the Consulate for those who wish to visit Indonesia. Therefore, it is advisable to surf through Procedures and Applications below as the first step.
In conjunction with Decision No.103/2003 signed by the President of the Republic of Indonesia with regard to the new visa policy, from the 1st February 2004, there will be a change of regulation on the Visa-Free Short Visit to Indonesia for Tourism.
For Visa enquiries and form, please refer to the links on the right side. For further information or inquiries, please contact us at the number above.
VISA INFORMATION & PROCEDURES
- Decisions on many of the categories of visa applications are normally made within 3 (three) working days, starting from the day of submission or the date of receipt (if sent by postal services) and ONLY COMPLETE APPLICATION WILL BE PROCESSED.
- Certain applications (such as those to work, study or stay for certain purposes in Indonesia) or all visitors regardless of nationality, who wish to travel to specific designated areas in Indonesia (Poso and Papua) MUST obtain in advance an approval from Department of Law and Human Rights of the Republic of Indonesia, c.q. the Directorate General of Immigration in Jakarta.
- If a visa application is referred to the Immigration Office in Indonesia to obtain approval, it is strongly advised that NO travel tickets (plane, boat or otherwise) are booked BEFORE approval of the visa application is received.
- The Immigration Office in Indonesia has the authority to grant or refuse a visa application. The Consulate General cannot be held responsible in any way should an application be rejected.
- Once a visa is issued (stamped in the applicant’s passport), it CANNOT be CANCELLED or TRANSFERRED to other type of visa under any circumstances. Applicants should submit the correct application when applying for a visa.
- The granting of a visa is, in effect, only a form of pre-entry clearance. It does not grant permission to enter Indonesia. The Indonesian Immigration authorities at the port of entry reserve the right to refuse entry into Indonesia.
- To avoid any inconvenience, it is strongly advised to submit the visa application within a reasonable time prior to the date of departure (no less than 7 days) and complete all requirements stated.
- For the safety of your passport and its related documents for applicants using mail service, please send it by Courier Service or by using the Canada Post security services. Please also enclose a returned courier waybill with your account number or Canada Post services prepaid envelope (EXPRESS POST).
Citizens of Countries other than Canada
Citizens who have dual citizenship with Canada must submit a copy of their valid Canadian Passport. Citizens of other countries except Canada , must submit a copy of their Canadian stay permit.
Form of payment and procedure in submitting visa request
The visa payments should be made only in the form of a MONEY ORDER
(Please indicate the name of the applicant on the money order and made out to the order of the Consulate General of Republic of Indonesia)
Please note, that we DO NOT accept company cheques and personal cheques.
For the safety of your passport and its related documents, please send all documents by Courier Service or by Canada Post security services . Please also enclose a return courier waybill and envelope with your account number or Canada Post services prepaid envelope.
There are two regions in Indonesia that the applicant could not visit without special permission and approval. The two regions are: Papua, and Poso . The Applicant who wishes to enter the restricted regions must obtain special authorization from Indonesian authorities. This rule also applies to those who work in these regions, e.g. Freeport employees. Visitors who enter these regions without permission are subject to arrest and detention and will be prosecuted according to Indonesian law.
To avoid any inconvenience, it is recommended for the applicant to submit the visa request no later than 7 (seven) days prior to departure and not more than 30 days prior to leaving Canada. Also to avoid any delay, please make sure that all supported documents are submitted. It is advisable to check with the Consular Section at the Consulate office if you do not receive your returned passport within 10 (ten)days after submitting it.
Please note that the earliest a visa request can be issued is 3 (three) business days.