Visa On Arrival (VOA) is for Government tasks, Educational Activities, Social and cultural activities, Tourism, Business, Family Matters, Journalism (with the letter from Consulate General of the Republic of Indonesia), or a layover before continuing their journey to another country and could be obtained at the designated Airport/Seaport and Land Border on entry into Indonesia.
It is granted for 30 (thirty) days and is extendable for another 30 days(must be apply to the closest immigration office in Indonesia), and is given to citizens from countries that can apply VOA.
You will need to present at the Port of Entry the following requirements:
- Original passport valid for more than 6 (six) months from the date of arrival in Indonesia.
- Exit airline ticket or on-going ticket.
- Visa fee on arrival is $35.00 US for 30 (thirty) days.
- Visitors must enter through the Designated Airports and Seaports in Indonesia.
- Visa On Arrival could be extended once for another 30 days and cannot be transferred to another type of visa.
Overstay visitors incur to pay a penalty of US$20.- per day/person (for under 60 days stay) whilst over 60 days stay will be a 5 (five) year prison sentence or a fine of IDR25.000.000 (local currency).
List of Countries that can apply for Visa on Arrival in Indonesia
14. Czech Republic
41. New Zealand
45. Papua New Guinea
51. Saudi Arabia
55. South Africa
56. South Korea
61. Taiwan Territory
62. Timor Leste
65. The Netherlands
66. United Arab Emirate
67. United Kingdom
68. United States of America
Those whose countries ARE NOT included in the above list or wish to stay longer than 30 days in Indonesia, should apply for their visa in advance, at the Indonesian Consulate.